Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Ni Hao!


A big Ni Hao 你好 to everyone!

First, a bit about myself: I'm a Mandarin speaker born in China, raised in Canada, living in the US, who is proficient in Mandarin, Chinese, French and Korean.

I want to share with you my secrets to speaking these languages proficiently (or at least enough so you can order at a takeout joint). But more importantly, I want to help you find your inner identity to confidently speak on - stage and off - in any language.

You see, I am actually a professional emcee whose job is to speak in front of thousands of people every day. It's not the easiest thing to do in the world, but certainly not the hardest (think of all the computer programmers whose job it is to maintain this website). There are some tricks to the trade, and some things that are inborn. I will help you master the things that you can master, and give you the confidence to the ones that you will find on your own.

So I hope you join along the journey - it will not be easy at times, but your courage will lead you through.



*****-----------------******-----------------********

From "Kung Fu" 1972:

Master Po: Do you hear the grasshopper that is at your feet?

Young Caine: [looking down and seeing the insect] Old man, how is it that you hear these things?

Master Po: Young man, how is it that you do not?

No comments:

Post a Comment